This month, the Society for Endocrinology’s open-access journal, Endocrine Connections, is marking four years since the publication of its first issue.
To celebrate Endocrine Connections’s achievements, as well as the fourth anniversary of the first issue, you are invited to vote for your favourite article from the shortlist below. This list has been produced based on scientific quality, originality and level of interest among the wider scientific audience – as well as download numbers to date.
But what’s in it for you? As well as supporting your colleagues’ research, by voting for your favourite, you will be entered into a draw to win an endocrinology-themed plushie; a new mascot, perhaps, for you laboratory or office!
- Research paper: Efficacy of increased resistant starch consumption in human type 2 diabetes C L Bodinham et al.
- Research paper: Effect of lifestyle intervention on the reproductive endocrine profile in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis Liza Haqq et al.
- Review: The heart as an endocrine organ Tsuneo Ogawa and Adolfo J de Bold.
- Review: The appraisal of chronic stress and the development of the metabolic syndrome: a systematic review of prospective cohort studies N Bergmann et al.
- Review: Heroes in endocrinology: Nobel Prizes Wouter W de Herder.
- Research paper: Variation in the biochemical response to L-thyroxine therapy and relationship with peripheral thyroid hormone conversion John E M Midgley et al.
- Review: Mitochondrial dysfunction and insulin resistance: an updateby Magdalene K Montgomery and Nigel Turner.
- Review: Update on strategies limiting iatrogenic hypoglycemia Aldo Bonaventura et al.
- Research paper: Bone metastases and skeletal-related events from neuroendocrine tumours Katherine Van Loon et al.
- Review: Cardiac natriuretic peptides and obesity: perspectives from an endocrinologist and a cardiologist Hugo R Ramos et al.